Jeremiah was not called to serve in days when the word was highly esteemed and favored. When Jeremiah preached, the faces of the people soured and their hearts were hardened. If success were related to the reception and “follow-ship” of the message, Jeremiah was a historical failure, but God’s infallible record shows that Jeremiah’s success was related to his faithfulness to proclaim God’s truth in light of the people’s hardness.
In Jeremiah chapter number one we find God’s promises to God’s preachers. We shall not belabor them, but we, the called according to His purpose of preaching, shall doubtless claim them by faith!
- Verse 5- “Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ORDAINED THEE a prophet unto the nations.”
- Verse 7- “But the LORD said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for THOU SHALT GO TO ALL THAT I SHALL SEND THEE, and WHATSOEVER I COMMAND THEE THOU SHALT SPEAK.”
- Verse 8- “Be not afraid of their faces: FOR I AM WITH THEE TO DELIVER THEE, saith the LORD.” (Deuteronomy 1:17, I Samuel 15:24)
- Verse 9- “Then the LORD put forth his hand, and touched my mouth. And the LORD said unto me, Behold, I HAVE PUT MY WORDS IN THY MOUTH.”
- Verse 10- “See, I HAVE SET THEE THIS DAY OVER THE NATIONS AND OVER THE KINGDOMS, TO ROOT OUT, AND TO PULL DOWN, AND TO DESTROY, AND TO THROW DOWN, TO BUILD, AND TO PLANT.”
- Verse 18- “For, behold, I HAVE MADE THEE THIS DAY A DEFENCED CITY, AN IRON PILLAR, AND BRASEN WALLS AGAINST THE WHOLE LAND, against the kings of Judah, against the princes thereof, against the priests thereof, and against the people of the land.”
- Verse 19- “And they shall fight against thee, but THEY SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST THEE; for I AM WITH THEE, saith the LORD, TO DELIVER THEE.” (Isaiah 51:12)
I found one to claim by faith. Did you claim your’s?