People in our church often let me know they are praying for me, and I am deeply grateful. Sometimes people ask for specifics on how they should pray for the pastor. At a recent meeting with our church’s Pastor’s Prayer Partners, we gave out the following acrostic with the prayer needs of a pastor:
- Personal life—walk with God, family
- Administration—counseling, leadership
- Study—time, message preparation
- Trials—grace, growth
- Oversight—church ministries, care for the flock
- Resources—strength, wisdom, building projects
I’m very thankful for the intercessory prayer of our people. James 5:16 promises, “The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much”!